Wednesday 2 December 2009

Music

Music is very influential on people. People listen to it in a variety of different forms, radios, headphones, live etc. And there are many different genres and artists. Music effects peoples moods greatly and songs, or lyrics can mean alot to a person.
I've been researching into music and trying to decide on my favourite genre, or even favourite song. I havn't yet been able to decide on my favourite song but below are a few of my favourites and why I like them so much.

Queen- Who wants to live forever. - I love this song, it's a less well known song of Queens and is from the film Highlander. The lyrics are very repetative but very powerful and the song is very emotive.

Pink-Family Portrait- I love nearly all of Pinks songs as I find nearly all of the lyrics in her songs relevant to me. This song came out when I was quite a lot younger and the first time I heard it and watched the video it made me cry. I found it related so much to me and I love the emotion and passion she puts into all of her music.

The Calling-I'll go wherever you will go- I love the lyrics in this song, when I feel sad and I listen to this song, it almost makes me feel hopeful and I can't resist but to sing along to it.



James Morrison-Please don't stop the rain- The lyrics in this song are lovely as they almost say that bad things are going to happen, and you can't change it, and have to accept it and go with the flow. It makes me feel relaxed and positive.

Oasis-Whatever - I love Oasis' attitude in their music, they're really talented and their music is slightly unusual. I love this song and it's carefree attitude, and it basically means you can be whatever you set your heart on being.

Oasis- Stop crying your heart out- This is another of my favourite Oasis songs, there arent many lyrics but the rhythm is really good, and the lyrics mean to me, that you just have to get on with it and make the best of a bad situation.

Pink-Conversations with my 13 year old self- I love this song, the lyrics are so unusual as its her talking to herself when she was younger and telling herself that things will get better.

1 comment:

  1. A very detailed post. i like your descriptions about the various songs and what they mean to you. Good work Leonie.

    ReplyDelete