Tuesday 9 February 2010

Contents page style model analysis





First of all I like the minimilistic layout of this content page. Encorporating only one image, to me, gives a sense of sophistication. Also, the image used is very powerful and takes up at least half of the page, causing much of the readers attention to it. The pose she is in is also quite different making it stand out. I like how her feet are in the air, almost kicking the word contents, giving a feel of attitude.
I like how the neutral colours of teh back ground (Beiges blacks and whites) correspond with what the woman is wearing also, which also adds an amount of sophistication to the page. I also like how the top of the bag is black and slow fades into a more neutral colour creating a dramatic feel.
Also I love how the word contents is split onto 3 lines making it slightly different and unusual and how the lettering is a crisp white which stands how really nicely against the black background without looking tacky.
The subheading in the column of writing on the right look effective with the right arrow at the end of each word. and The slightly swirly font in bold.
Overall I really like this contents page and how the image is in a way dominating the page and the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment